Monday, May 10, 2010

Pure as Snow

Peering through my window, I spy a fresh blanket of undisturbed snow, untouched by animal or human. At this moment I am reminded of God's grace and immeasurable magnificence. the snow stands as a representation of purity given through the graciousness of God through the ever present Jesus. Savoring the moment with child-like awe, I feel the snow beckoning, urging my presence among it. The first step out my door is greeted with a crunch and a cold wind brushing against my face. Snow is steadily falling, and it is as if God's forgiveness and renewal is pouring down on me. Still in my child-like state, I run out into my yard and grab a handful of soft icy snow. Without hesitation, I throw it in the air and let out a giggle as it quickly trickles down to the ground. I realize now God wants us to have this same child-like excitement and anticipation for Him. Unlike the snow however, God will never melt away, He is there always waiting and beckoning you and I to spend time with and delight ourselves in Him.

P.S. I wrote this when it was snowing, obviously it's not snowing now, I am just now getting around to posting it. :)

1 comment: